Cross Fellowship Church Parents and Caregivers,
With stay-at-home orders in effect to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, no doubt many of you are experiencing a calendar that is suddenly wide open. Many of you are dealing with the reality of schools being closed, sports programs canceled, having to work from home, and unable to gather with friends. With kids being at home and evening plans canceled, there has been an increase of family time. On top of this, your family, in its entirety, is missing the gathered church in very real ways. With all of this going on, you may be wondering, “How might we minister to our kids during this time?” Scripture is clear that the discipleship of children is of great importance (Deut 6:6-7, Eph 6:1-4). Praise be to God that in the midst of this global pandemic, many great resources are available to you. Parents, use this time wisely and take advantage of the additional time with your kids to disciple them in the faith. Below you will find a list of resources that hopefully will benefit you as you seek to disciple your children.
- How to Talk to Children About the Coronavirus – The Gospel Coalition
- 7 Biblical Truths to Teach Children about Disease and Disasters – Truth:78
- 6 Ways to Lead Your Family in Isolation – The Gospel Coalition
- The New City Catechism app is a fantastic app that has a children’s mode. For each catechism, it offers a passage of Scripture, a brief commentary, a prayer, and a children’s song.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- The Big Book of Bible Truths 1
- Big Truths for Young Hearts
- The Big Picture Story Bible
- Austin Stone has a new kids worship album with interactive lyric & dance videos for each song from the album.
- Answers in Genesis has their VBS videos available on YouTube with hand motions.
- Sovereign Grace Kids Albums (Listen Up, Theology, Walking With the Wise, To Be Like Jesus, Awesome God)
- Getty Kids Albums (Getty Kids Hymnal-For the Cause, Getty Kids Hymnal-In Christ Alone, Getty Kids Hymnal-Family Hymn Sing, Songs that Jesus Said)
- Cross Fellowship’s curriculum for toddlers and preschoolers includes lesson plans, memory verses, coloring pages, and more.
- The Bible Project offers numerous free resources including many informative videos on key themes throughout Scripture and books of the Bible.